Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hearing disturbed phone calls

Hmm not sure how to begin but there is surely something I have to write about. 

When I am outside, I like to do phone calls outside at this phone booth. Before you ask why I do it in that booth rather than inside or from my phone. I just like it this way and it's convenient when I am around this place.


So,... whenever I am outside and on the phone with someone, there comes a pedestrian to throw away empty glass bottles. It's really ironic because I do not hear well and whenever I am calling someone, there comes someone to make noise.

I am really wondering who got the idea to put those bottle banks right next to a phone booth. It couldn't be a better places especially if you are hearing impaired. For someone who hears well this might not be a big deal but for someone who has either a hearing aid or a cochlear implant it can be really frustrating, or am I the only one who feels this way??? I'm curious (-.-)

Sometimes I feel like close to say something but when I see elderly people then I dismiss the thought. They cannot anything for it and I wouldn't want them to feel bad but when there are younger ones then I sometimes give them this look like "Can't you do this later? Don't you see I'm calling someone??" I must have this attraction because as ironic as it is, it is always me who attracts people when I speak with someone.

For whoever chose to put the glass tanks here I'd really appreciate if you could relocate them somewhere else because this place is really by far not appropriate!

1 comment:

  1. I was born deaf and two years ago I got my Implants. I can't use the phone it hurts my head. There is a noise that gives me a near instant headache. The longer I remain on the phone the worse it gets.

    I commend you for your bravery in posting here and talking about your journey. Mine has had it's ups and downs but over all I wouldn't trade it for the world. I heard m sons voice after 14 years. I even shared my voice with the world.

    /major hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

If you have something to say about that post feel free to share it with me. I love to hear from my readers! Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...