Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's a miracle that I can hear

Hello!!

It's time to give you an update. A few days ago I tried to listen to music using this cable that I had in my big white CI suitcase. I didn't have the time to try it out earlier or maybe I just wasn't ready to try it out so today, it's already THREE months since I've had my surgery... (not one month, I didn't notice the typo before).. So today I wanted to give it a try. :)

I’m simply amazed how well I hear and understand. I’m listening to some of Anastacia’s songs and her voice sounds the same as last year when I could hear her with my hearing aid. This is a miracle. This electrode inside my ear gives my hearing nerves the stimulation and somehow my brain can use this electrical stimulation to make my brain understand what I hear. Wow this is beyond my understanding. Wow I was so suspicious and full of doubt that I could never hear music again. I was prepared to fully detest it but now, see where I am now. I can hear and enjoy it. :) I hope I can inspire many more people to go for the surgery. Of course it has to be their decision but things do get better. You have to take it as an opportunity, be open and just have fun with all the new sounds. I was listening a lot to music even before my hearing loss, and maybe this helped me I don’t know. I have no idea what influenced my brain to use all this information and make me understand what I hear. The CI gives me back my life quality. It was definitely the right decision. I don’t regret it and I don’t regret that I didn’t go for it earlier. It was just meant to happen this year.

This year I was the year for me. 2010 was MY YEAR :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to say about that post feel free to share it with me. I love to hear from my readers! Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...